Pain changes everything

Today is the first day since I got the go-ahead for surgery that I'm super excited to do this. I've been dragging my feet and mentally not committing myself to it, but a full day of pain and limping have turned me around. It's funny that a bad day physically can make me feel so excited emotionally. April can't come soon enough.

Yesterday, I went to BodyJam, my cardio dance class.



It was the first time I'd made it in three weeks due to a pulled muscle in my back and then a sprained ankle. Everything felt fine at the time, but afterward, like usual, I limped home. So I iced it for an hour, like usual, and took some ibuprofen, like usual. When I woke up today, I was still sore, which is unusual because getting off my feet for eight hours normally helps.




Getting all my chores done around the house and grocery shopping has not been fun today. I'm grumpy because I'm not going to be able to get it all done, but I've kinda sorta learned that I have to give myself a little leeway sometimes. (I used to call it "making excuses." See how far I've come?) :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op