Pre-op progress

In my efforts to make time go by quicker so that I can get started on the recovery process (as well as quit annoying myself and everyone around me by worrying about the surgery) I've tried to make some progress on the things I need to do beforehand. So far, I have accomplished the following:

  • Bought some things I'll be needing in the hospital, i.e, a fun, black, satin nightshirt and some really cute slippers, non-slip socks and boxer shorts. Who knew surgery shopping could be so fun?
  • Talked with a physical therapist who is familiar with PAO (one of eight I talked to). I still need to set up a time to meet with her and check out the facilities before I decide she's the one for me.
  • Found a back-up doctor in Montana who is familiar with PAO and is willing to help with my follow-up care.
  • Made more definite arrangements with my mom and dad about my recovery with them. (On a side note, I just want to thank both my sister and my parents, who almost seemed to be fighting over who was going to take care of me after the surgery. Aren't I special!)
  • Got my pre-op paperwork from Dr. Mayo's office.
  • Got my CT torsional scheduled for 12:30 p.m. April 15. (This will tell Dr. Mayo if my femur is straight ... please be straight, please be straight ... or if I'm going to need a femoral osteotomy along with the PAO.)
Despite my progress, I haven't been able to make any big financial commitments yet, like buy my plane ticket or crutches. Doing so would make this all too real. I still feel as if I'm writing about someone else's life ... a fiction novel in the first person, not an autobiography.

Either way, I hope this story ends with a "happily ever after."


Comments

Sam said…
Hey Cass!

Looks like you are getting prepared for your surgery in style! I just visited Lu Lu Lemon, a great athletic store, and bought some amazing pants (very stylish in comparison to the baggy jammies) for post-surgery lounging...I highly recommend them! :) My surgery is on Thursday, Feb 7th, so I am obviously in knots thinking about it. I know you still have a bit of time to go, so if before your surgery you need to talk to anyone please do not hesitate to contact me. Wish you the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op