Uncle!

That's the word I wanted to use a couple of times today at my first physical therapy session with Jennifer.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad.

I started out by giving her the protocol that Dr. Mayo had sent:
  • Strengthen hip muscles
  • Increase abductor strength
  • Eliminate limp
  • Sationary bike, recumbent if possible
  • Swim therapy
  • No straight leg raises
  • No stairmaster or squats
I also familiarized her with a PAO (I brought photos of my x-rays to help) and then we got to work. We did a number of exercises, and they all felt very strange. I laughed out loud a few times at how much of a weakling I am! I felt pain only when Jennifer massaged my scar to help break down the tissue.

As I really have no where to go but up, I'm excited to see how quickly I progress! My goal is to wean off all walking aids in a month.

At my next visit on Wednesday, I get to try out the pool. Yay, I'm so excited to get in the water for the first time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op