Insurance and bills

It took nearly 12 weeks, but I think I finally have the insurance/hospital bill thing straightened out.

Getting the "medical necessity" authorization for the seven days I spent in the hospital took the longest, and made me a little worried. My total hospital bill hit more than $100,000, so I'm glad I won't have to resort to living with my parents or selling my body for money to pay off the bill! So far, I've paid about half of the $2,500 that I need to pay out-of-pocket.

And by the end of the year, I'll be able to say that my hips are worth almost a quarter of a million dollars!

The medical system is a complete mystery to me. I've gotten a dozen of different bills from different areas: anesthesiologists, CT scan, pathology, blood work, office visits, hospital "extras ... "

It's mind boggling.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, Thanks for sharing your story! I'm getting ready to start the PAO process and I am going to have Dr. Keith Mayo do the procedure. I would love to chat. My email address is carlybeth03@gmail.com. Thanks again
Anonymous said…
Do you mind if I ask who your insurance is through? Mine just refused to pay for any of the procedure because some other insurance companies don't pay either and a PAO is "investigational." I'm trying to work up a counter-argument that there are companies who do in fact pay.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op