My next 30 years

I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years
~ Tim McGraw, "My Next 30 Years"

I don't know which makes me feel older: making mom go on an emergency Metamucil and prune run for me or turning 30.

Either way, I have turned another decade older and now have two reconstructed hips that I hope will hold me for the next 30 years.

Twenty-nine was quite a year for me, with two major surgeries and the lessons that followed. I see so many opportunities in the next year that it's hard to be sad about turning 30.

I am thankful for all I've experienced, learned and loved in three decades. My PAOs have been a giant part of the person I'm becoming, and I'm proud of the scars and strength I've gained in the process.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Cass
You are going into your next decade stronger than before and soon with no pain. The future will be bright.
Lauren
Acy said…
Happy Bday, girl--probably didn't plan on spending it recovering.. but next year you'll be ready to do anything you want. Feel better!

acy

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op