Physical therapy graduation

Dun, da da da, dun, dun.

Today, I was kindly told by Jennifer, my physical therapist, not to come back. While I'm not at 100 percent, she said there was nothing more she could do for me. At four and a half months, I'm happy to be finished with this part of recovery and hopeful for continued improvement.

It's funny, though; I've had to eat my words about physical therapy this go-round. My progress -- which started out so promising -- stalled significantly these past two months. Which meant not two physical therapy sessions, but nearly a dozen over three months.

The not-so-great news is that the pain I'm still struggling with (lifting my leg Captain Morgan style, i.e., going up stairs, getting into the car, getting dressed) may be impingement rather than muscle pain. Jennifer is fairly certain that the joint capsule is just too darn tight, causing moderate pain and a lack of flexibility.

That information took the air out of my sail. Impingement isn't something that can be fixed through strength training or stretching, though the latter may help a bit, Jennifer said. This may be the best my hip gets, though I'm still holding out hope that it will get better.

Another milestone reached!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op