Metal detector test

As I prepared to walk through security at Denver International Airport last week, I wondered if the additional seven screws in my right hip would be enough to make the metal detectors screech.

I flew quite a bit after my first PAO and six subsequent screws. Through DIA, Chicago O'Hare, Washington Dulles and Seattle/Tacoma, the detectors remained silent. But what would happen when I doubled the amount of metal?

Nada.

I'm happy to report that I had no problems at DIA or the Milwaukee airports.

Guess I'll never have to pull my pants down to show the security guards my scars. ;)

Comments

HipSk8 said…
Pulling your pants down would certainly shut them up, wouldn't it?!
Beth said…
I recently had RPAO on March 4th and have 7 screws. I was wondering about metal detectors and was glad to head that you had no problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op