Stairs and conquering and such

I warily went up my first stair on Mother's Day, two and a half weeks post op. This week, I've conquered 14 stairs in a row no less than four times each day. Going up takes a little more effort and tends to cause a little more discomfort; going down causes more fear and requires more concentration.

Tonight, I climbed those 14 wooden stairs with a backpack and a bag from Target in hand. (Photo for all my girlfriends who wanted me to zoom around in the motorized cart.)

And if that wasn't enough, today I also decided to try to get into my little two-door coupe to see if I'd ever be able to drive back to Colorado. I conquered that, as well. And it was EASY.

And if that wasn't enough, today I also was able to kneel with my good leg on the floor to search for something in a low cabinet.

And if that wasn't enough, today I also was able to grab from a standing position -- not with my grabber but with my own hand -- a cord that was ON THE FLOOR.

I have a new gnawing pain in my backside and a little achiness when I overdo it, but my pain is so minimal that it might as well be nonexistent. I feel great; I feel strong. I'm less than a month post-op and feel that I will soon be able to conquer the world. And without pain!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yea Cassie! Sounds like you are doing AWESOME! When do we get to go out dancing?!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op