Follow-up

Today was my 8-week follow-up appointment. Dr. Thomas checked my range of motion and took x-rays and then Fed-Exed them to Dr. Mayo's office.

Dr. Thomas took a glance at those high-tech black and white pictures and didn't see anything of alarm, which is great. He also said my range of motion bending straight forward at the hip is 95 degrees (don't know if that's good or not).

I won't get to talk to Dr. Mayo until at least Thursday when he's back in the office. I'm a bit bummed, because he did fax the physical therapy protocol over, and as far as I can tell, I won't be full weight bearing for a while. It says something about going from two crutches to one crutch to a cane. Blech.

So tonight I'm a bit bummed. I'm SO over the crutch thing. I can't get as much done at home as I need; it's tough trying to carry stuff and move stuff (like take the garbage down two flights of stairs).

The good news is that I did SO much this weekend. A good friend from Australia came to visit and we must have walked around at least three miles yesterday, part of it in rough, sandy, rocky, uneven territory (photo below taken at Horsetooth Reservoir). I was exhausted by the day's end -- my right leg, my arms and back, mostly -- but happy that I am now able to do so much.


Tomorrow, it's back to work full time. Wish me luck; I will take all I can get right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op