Warning: 1-week incision pic follows.
At one week I can:
- Feel pain ranging from a 1-5, depending on the delicate balance of drugs vs. activity. Joint is stiff and painful, especially when moving, and also hurts down my leg and on on the back side.
- Lie on my stomach for 15 minutes before needing to turn. Mom has to help me into position.
- Lie on my un-op side for about 15 minutes as well. I can get into position, but not easily.
- Crutch around the house at a slow and steady pace.
- Get in and out of bed by myself if needed. Painful and a little risky, so I usually wait for Mom.
- Stand for about 10 minutes before needing to sit. This allows for a quick teeth brush, face wash, hair brush and deodorant/lotion smear. I am winning no beauty contests this week!
- Run my cpm up to 75 degrees.
- Pick items up off the floor. Also painful and risky cause my balance isn't good yet.
- Shower and shave my legs. The ankle on the op side is just out of reach!
- Rise and sit in tall chairs only, using both hands to ease myself in.
- Get dressed by myself with the exception of the sock on my op side.
- Wear sweatpants only. The swelling in my belly/leg has gone down considerably, but not completely.
- Sleep for 2-3 hours before waking up at night.
See how I felt at 11 days post op LPAO.