One week post-op/Incision pic

Seven days from my RPAO, I am feeling very good overall. I can already do some things that it took me weeks to be able to do after my LPAO. While I am tired and unmotivated, I can tell that this recovery is on the road to being even faster than my last.

Warning: 1-week incision pic follows.

At one week I can:
  • Feel pain ranging from a 1-5, depending on the delicate balance of drugs vs. activity. Joint is stiff and painful, especially when moving, and also hurts down my leg and on on the back side.
  • Lie on my stomach for 15 minutes before needing to turn. Mom has to help me into position.
  • Lie on my un-op side for about 15 minutes as well. I can get into position, but not easily.
  • Crutch around the house at a slow and steady pace.
  • Get in and out of bed by myself if needed. Painful and a little risky, so I usually wait for Mom.
  • Stand for about 10 minutes before needing to sit. This allows for a quick teeth brush, face wash, hair brush and deodorant/lotion smear. I am winning no beauty contests this week!
  • Run my cpm up to 75 degrees.
  • Pick items up off the floor. Also painful and risky cause my balance isn't good yet.
  • Shower and shave my legs. The ankle on the op side is just out of reach!
  • Rise and sit in tall chairs only, using both hands to ease myself in.
  • Get dressed by myself with the exception of the sock on my op side.
  • Wear sweatpants only. The swelling in my belly/leg has gone down considerably, but not completely.
  • Sleep for 2-3 hours before waking up at night.
The super glue makes the incision look shiny, and the purple hash marks, along with Dr. Mayo's initials, are in permanent marker, so will take a while to scrub off.





See how I felt at 11 days post op LPAO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op