It's back

Maybe you'd forgotten about it. Maybe you wish I'd forgotten about it. I wish I could forget about it.

Though you haven't read about it in a while, it's never really gone away. In fact, it's worse than ever. Brace yourself; here comes the complain train.

My tailbone still hurts. Lots. I knew this would happen, but I guess I was hoping it wouldn't. My already-aggravated coccyx has become downright livid.

Before my surgery, I spoke with Dr. Mayo about it. He basically told me he didn't know what the problem was or how to make it better. Unfortunately, he said, the coccyx is still a bit of a mystery to the medical world. His medical opinion and my research have produced the following options: waiting it out, cortisone shots, further tests and exploration, and removal of the bone.

I'll take Door Number 1, Monty.

After this hip is healed and I'm not sitting on it so much, I hope it will return to its normal, painfree state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

Out of surgery