From two to none

I have to admit, I didn't think it was possible.

Walking on the moon, yes. Gasoline under $3 a gallon, maybe. But this?

After my eight-week follow-up appointment on Monday, I was given the go-ahead to drop down to one crutch and then to a cane.

I walked out of the office with one crutch and have not used it since.

No pain. Only soreness in my muscles as my legs return from a long vacation. I honestly can't believe I'm strong enough to do this. Or lucky enough. What have I done so right that I deserve such an easy recovery?

I have a slight limp, but it wouldn't be noticeable unless you were looking for it. I imagine it will be gone before the end of the month with a few physical therapy sessions.

Everything is like it was before surgery. I can go up stairs, get dressed standing up, shave, etc. I do have a little trouble getting my leg into the car, but that's getting better by the day.

I was really sore the third day after I started walking. Both legs, from my ankles to my gluts, hurt. Felt like I'd been hit by a truck. I've also been much more tired this week than usual. Other than that, I'm so thrilled and so happy to be at this point. Life doesn't get much better than this.

Me walking (in two-inch heels) the day I was given the go-ahead to go off crutches.

Comments

LH said…
Yay Cass! You look great and I know you must feel even better. Congratulations - I'm so happy for you!!

Laura
Manda K said…
I can't walk in 2-inch heels with two good hips, much less eight weeks following surgery to fix my hip!

I'm so proud of you, honey!

Manda :)
Marina said…
AWESOME! That is identical to my experience. I tried the one crutch thing and it only made me more unstable so I threw them both in the garage the moment I got home from my 6 week apt. Now I walk the streets of NYC for 3 hours with no pain :) And this is totally TMI but I broke the no sex for 6 months rule :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op