5 months post op RPAO

Since I missed my four-month update, I guess you're actually reading about two months' worth of progress on my right hip. Truth is, there wasn't much progress at the four-month mark, but I think I'm starting to get somewhere now!

I now can:
  • Stand from a squatting position with very little trouble.
  • Walk with no pain and no limp. I take hour-long walks and can spend all day running errands, cleaning house, shopping without pain. However, I still feel a little soreness in the joint a day later if I push really hard.
  • Jog at 85%. No pain, but the gait feels a little funky.
  • Jump and dance.
  • Lift weights at 50-100%, depending on the type of exercise.
  • Play volleyball! I subbed last week and return to the league next week. Boo ya!
Issues remaining:
  • Tenderness on the skin around the incision.
  • Random burning/stinging moments deep in the tissue from nerves
  • Speaking of nerves, still numb in the thigh, but not completely. Enough to feel the slightest sensation, but not enough to be able to get at those deep burning itches!
  • Pain when lifting my leg Captain Morgan style (as addressed in my physical therapy post)
Just yesterday, while walking out of Target with my hands full of bags, I thought of how lucky I am to walk ... unaided ... without pain. I'm glad I haven't taken my pain-free hips for granted yet. Such a wonderful feeling.

Comments

JenXer said…
I'm at nearly 4 years post-op. The deep tingling thing will continue to get better. I don't feel it at all except for in rare cases. Your scar might stay numb just in the area right next to it, but the overall size of the numb area should get much smaller over time.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op