Since I missed my four-month update, I guess you're actually reading about two months' worth of progress on my right hip. Truth is, there wasn't much progress at the four-month mark, but I think I'm starting to get somewhere now!
I now can:
I now can:
- Stand from a squatting position with very little trouble.
- Walk with no pain and no limp. I take hour-long walks and can spend all day running errands, cleaning house, shopping without pain. However, I still feel a little soreness in the joint a day later if I push really hard.
- Jog at 85%. No pain, but the gait feels a little funky.
- Jump and dance.
- Lift weights at 50-100%, depending on the type of exercise.
- Play volleyball! I subbed last week and return to the league next week. Boo ya!
- Tenderness on the skin around the incision.
- Random burning/stinging moments deep in the tissue from nerves
- Speaking of nerves, still numb in the thigh, but not completely. Enough to feel the slightest sensation, but not enough to be able to get at those deep burning itches!
- Pain when lifting my leg Captain Morgan style (as addressed in my physical therapy post)