Breaking the post-op rules

No lunges and no squats.

That's the infamous "doctor's orders" I was given. The thing is, I just don't plain like the doctor's orders. See, I've found a new love, which requires movements that mimic the lunge and squat.

The new love? BodyPump.

The lunge and squat-type movement? Lunges and squats.

BodyPump is a one-hour class in which you do 60-100 reps of weight in a two-three minute span on the following body parts: Chest, back, biceps, triceps, shoulders, hamstrings, quads and gluts. It's completely intense, and I'm toning my entire body.

My legs (especially the latest op side) are still weak post surgery. I'm not pushing myself on the lunges and squats, but I think it's important to try to get my strength back. I'm tired of the hamstring curl and leg extension machines, so I'm giving this a shot, rebel that I am.

Comments

HipSk8 said…
Yay for you! I got the same instructions and instantly started thinking of ways I will probably break the rules when I'm healed. Still only 11 weeks post-op for me so I've only done a few lunge-type things in the pool at this point.

You have to live your life, PAOs or no PAOs ...

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op