Coming home!

I haven't been able to post much because of bad internet access here at lovely Tacoma General, but I was able to get through today to say that I'm coming home tonight!

I just became more stable on crutches during PT today. I also went up and down a couple of stairs, which was ok going up and very scary coming down. I'm glad I won't have to conquer those anytime soon!

We're using some sort of medical cab to get to the airport; I'll use a wheelchair once I'm there and once we land in Billings, and then just a little crutching to do once I'm at home. Our flight leaves at 8:50 p.m., and we land in Montana around 11:30. That puts us back home at 12:30 or 1 a.m., which makes for a tired Cassie and Mom. I'm the most scared about how small the plane is and how my leg is going to fit in that seat. Wish us luck!

Looking forward to posting more details, along with photos. Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but my incision looks really good. Longer than I thought it would be, but Dr. Mayo did a good job putting everything back together.

I'm feeling pretty good today. Tired, with some stomach issues, but I feel so much better than I did a few days ago. Besides having a beat-up hip (with six very long screws) I hardly feel that my body has been through what it has this past week.

Comments

Manda K said…
Yay! I hope your trip home was uneventful and safe.
Anonymous said…
i love you how are you? love tatum

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op