One year post op, my left hip feels better than it has in more than 1o years. Sometimes I'm amazed at what medical knowledge and technology has done for me. Seems crazy that cutting my hip apart in three places and screwing it back together has been so beneficial!
At this point:
- Zero pain in my hip when walking, jogging and jumping.
- Deep groin pain when lying on my side and doing any external rotation (clam-shell type movement).
- Numb patches are gone, replaced by a tingly feeling on my scar and within a three-inch radius. (I still don't like touching my skin here.)
- Range of motion is about 90 percent of what it was prior to surgery.
- Clicking in the joint has increased considerably. I hear/feel it with almost every step, which does make my hip sore after about a half hour.
- I consider myself fully recovered!