3 years post-op LPAO

A surgery can change your body. Two surgeries can change everything.

Today, on the third anniversary of my LPAO, I inevitably think back to my first operation and the years leading up to that day.

Everything has changed.

I am an outdoors enthusiast and exercise nut. I can stay on my feet all day. My new body has freed my soul, and my heart responds in kind.

The breakdown is exactly the same as it was at two years post-op: zero pain with a couple of exceptions, great range of motion, same tingly patch and itching. The one difference is that my tailbone pain has waned considerably, which gives me much, much relief.

I'm a different person today than I was on April 23, 2008, and I'll be forever thankful.

Comments

HipSk8 said…
Ah, so glad you've gotten relief from that tailbone pain!!
Nikki said…
My name is Nikki Holzman and i am 17 years old. I am reading through your blog and really want to talk to you about your experience in more detail and would love some suggestions/ recommendations... I have hip dysplasia and i am debating right now wether to get the surgery done ( i am scheduled for june 6) or wait 4-10 years or so when the pain gets worse and i absolutely need it. I live a pretty active lifestyle and i can currently run, swim, and bike so the pain is tolerable. The only thing i can not do anymore is play soccer... but with that in mind would you say just get the surgery over with even though the pain is not that bad if you know sometime in the future you will have to have it? Or would you wait until you absolutely need it? Maybe if you could friend me on facebook or something i could ask you a couple more questions? if not thats fine, i would just love some advice right about now. Thanks!

my email nikkiholzman@gmail.com
Gabrielle said…
I think I just read this entire blog and it was such a great help. I am 22 and due for a PAO in June and even though I've had other surgeries for HD in the past, this one sounds tough and I am pretty nervous. Thanks for documenting your stories and congratulations on all of your hard work. You did it!
Cassie said…
Hi Gabrielle,
I'm so glad my blog helped you, and I hope you have a very smooth surgery and recovery. It sounds like you're a pro and you'll make it through just fine. Please let me know how it goes, and take good care of yourself!
Anonymous said…
Hi nikki my name is bo and im 28 and saw mentioned of getting this surgery on this pao blog and i myself need this surgery as well for both hips... just curious if you got the procedure and how it went? Just looking for some feedback. ---- thanks!
My phone number is 970-274-6664

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op