- Not put more than 44 pounds of weight on my leg. (This is the weight of my leg plus the slightest bit of pressure. We tested on a scale before I left the hospital.)
- Not actively move my leg, especially straight leg raises or side to side. This means Mom lifts my leg into the pickup, into the cpm, or that I lift my own leg with my hands or by hooking it with my other foot.
- Not sleep on my operated side
- Run my cpm until my hip easily bends to a 90 degree angle
I may not be able to escape the eight-week restriction, but I still have goals. Last go-around, I just let things happen as they may. This time, I'm pushing a bit to:
- go off the pain meds (almost there)
- get rid of the cpm sooner
- walk better with crutches
- get my stomach/intestines back on track
- sit on the floor sooner and reach lower
- get rid of the toilet seat riser sooner
- start working by week 3 post-op (from home, of course)
Seven weeks, welcome. I'm ready for you to come. But mostly to go.