At this point I can now:
- Wear fitted jeans
- Pick items off the floor from a standing position with both feet on the floor. (Before, I had to swing my op leg back because I couldn't bend that far.)
- Bend and twist in new ways. My range of motion is increasing quite a bit.
- Sit, rise, do stairs, crutch, scootch, pivot and hop without pain -- most of the time.
- Get dressed without using the grabber.
- Fall asleep without any sleep aids or painkillers. I've had no Tylenol in the past three days.
- Keep up with my mom in Target, Barnes & Noble and any other like-sized store.
- Work an eight-hour day from the recliner.
- Sleep without a pillow between my knees or under my leg. Also, switching positions from belly to side to back is now is cinch.
My incision at 4 weeks. I'm rubbing Bio Oil on it once or twice a day to help with the scarring. It looks much better than the other side did at 4 weeks post op. It's not easy to touch, because the numb patch still skeeves me out.
See how I felt at four weeks post op LPAO.