A few hours later, my pelvis was cut open for my second surgery in seven months.
It seems like much longer than a year since that day. My initial recovery was smooth, and though it was not easy going through the long process, I'm so glad I did.
Happy to report I can:
- Walk, run, do squats, lunges, with no pain in the joint, no matter how hard I work it. (And I've been working it pretty hard.) No limp or sign of dysplasia/surgery.
- Sleep on my side all night.
- Feel a larger percentage of my thigh (85 percent), though with a tingly sensation.
- Strong burning sensation that remains on the very front of the hip when lifting my leg, aka my "Captain Morgan" position. I still have to lift my leg with my hand to avoid pain when getting dressed, putting shoes on, etc. The strength is there, but it burns in that muscle a lot.
- Range of motion about 85 percent of what it was pre-surgery.
- Tailbone, which is a disaster.
- Appearance of the scar, which is fading but still noticeable.
- Deep random stabbing/itching sensation every once in a while, which must be from the nerves still recovering.