Friends

I just love my friends. I really, really do.

Tonight I invited a couple of people over for a little time together. A little goodbye. I just can't believe how lucky I am to have such a wonderful group of people pulling for me.

I leave tomorrow for Montana. I saw Adrienne, Sarah, Tammy, Donna and Craig tonight, and we had, as always, lots of laughs and just caught up. I've never known such giving, loving, fun people.

Last week, my group of friends (the above group plus Joy and Erik, Trevor, Eric, Dylan, Schuyler, Barry, Jana and Marcus), surprised me with a bunch of gifts to keep me occupied in the next six-eight weeks, including: Play-Doh, Nintendo with Mario 1-3, Tetris, books, the entire Friends series, a beautiful photo of "the girls" and much more.

I can't thank them enough. Not only for the material gifts, but for the thoughts, prayers and support. I know they'll push me, help me, motivate me, love me. You guys are the best.

P.S. Today was my last day of work. WHEW! The VP of IT dropped by my office today to give me this piece of advice: "Don't come back to work until you're ready to hit the ground running." Great advice, but I'm afraid I won't be running for a long time to come. I think one of the hardest things is to get people to understand what a long recovery this is -- especially after needing both hips done. I may not run again, but I'll try my hardest!


Some of the girls: Tammy, Adrienne, me, Sarah and Joy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op