Uh oh

Today I am taking a lot of deep breaths and trying not to get too scared at the familiar pain that has returned to my hip.

I'm hoping I simply overdid it. I'm hoping that with a day or two of rest, I will be pain free again.

I'm hoping with every grain of my being that I did not tear my labrum again. For those who are unfamiliar, the labrum is the cartilage that lines the socket of the joint. According to MayoClinic.com, this cartilage provides stability and cushioning for your hip joint, allowing the ball of the thighbone to move smoothly and painlessly in the socket.

Though I didn't know it at the time, my left one was torn prior to my PAO, and the feeling I have today is eerily reminiscent of my pre-op days. This is the first time I've had pain in many weeks.

Cross your fingers for me.

Comments

MY PAO STORY said…
Cassie - maybe you should call the doc and possibly have an MRI. I can say that I have not had any of those groin pains since my PAO. I guess I never asked Dr Millis is I had a torn labrum at the time of my PAO - I just assumed I did. After I had the scope to repair one 6 years ago - I always still had the pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op