Reservations and tickets

I bit the bullet this week and bought plane tickets and made hotel reservations.

We're doing things a little differently this time around. Instead of my sister and mom both coming for the surgery, my mom's going to be the sole Cassie caregiver.

We chose a different hotel. One that's more expensive, but nicer and closer to the hospital, and it offers free shuttle service, so Mom won't have to worry about taxis. We figure I'm going to be out of the hospital sooner this time since I know what I have to do, so it shouldn't be too pricey in the end. (Knock on wood.)

We chose a different flight back from Tacoma to Billings. Last time, we flew non-stop on a little plane (meaning we boarded the plane from outside and they had to put me in a too-tiny wheelchair to bypass the steps). This time, we'll be flying a bigger and more comfortable plane, (hello, jet bridge) but we'll have a layover in Denver. I hope the extra travel time is bearable.

I also made all the arrangements I needed with our human resources office. I filed once again for the Family and Medical Leave Act, which protects my job while I'm gone. Thanks to our generous work benefits, I will only have to work for two weeks at home (during the eight I'll be gone) in order to still get paid for the whole shebang.

Time is too quickly running out. I'm ready but I'm not. You know the feeling.

Comments

Marina said…
Do you buzz going through security?
Cassie said…
Haven't set off the metal detectors yet. Since my surgery in April, I've been through Seattle/Tacoma, Denver International, Chicago O'Hare, Dulles and Detroit. We'll see if that changes once I have double the screws!
And my range of motion is about 80-85 percent of what it was pre-op. I hardly notice it, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op