Emotional Strength vs. Physical Power

Last weekend, I did something I never would have been able to do prior to surgery: 4 hours of intense workouts. In a row.

My gym released new programs for its group fitness classes and invited us to try them all in a day. Doing so meant I was eligible for a free trip to the mountains. I didn't win the trip, but I did get the awesome feeling of accomplishment (and exhaustion) when it was all over. My hips were a bit sore but not too bad.


The biggest part, though, is simply the feeling of empowerment. Things have been tough for me the past couple of weeks, and it feels wonderful to be able to compensate my lack of emotional strength with physical power.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cassie, this is WONDERFUL news!!! I am so very happy for you. So much has happened since the last time we "spoke" in email. I'll send you an email soon to catch up. Stay strong and keep being the fighter you are!! You have been an inspiration to many. God Bless you.

Your fellow hip sister,
Stacey
Jen said…
YAH! Good for you. I am almost 6 months post RPAO and just walked 4 miles...the longest I have so far. I can do the recumbent bike for 2 hours at a time. Man, it feels so good to SWEAT again!
Keep up the awesome work!
Jen
HipSk8 said…
This would be an amazing physical feat for someone who has not had bilateral PAOs ... even more so for someone who has! WOW!
Terri
Brick said…
YEAH! Girl Power here you go.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

4 years post-op LPAO

11 years post op